System Engineer (Backup & Storage)
- Working Hours: Mon-Fri
- Working Location: West
- Remuneration Package: Up to $8000 (basic)
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Perform daily monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of backup jobs on platforms (Windows, VMware, Nutanix and UNIX/Linux servers)
- Manage and support Storage systems, including patch management remediation, capacity planning, configuration management, provisioning and zoning of new servers on SAN switches.
- Installation, configuring and troubleshooting of Windows Servers, MS Failover Cluster, Veritas Storage system & Hitachi SAN
- Troubleshooting of VERITAS NetBackup and SAN issues
- Analyse backup software performance and monitoring of scheduled backups to ensure success or take remedial action for backup failures
- Monitor usage and performance of storage and perform capacity planning for storage growth
- Manage storage and backup changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated
- Manage backup replication and data movements during activities such as disaster recovery
- Perform regular DR (Disaster Recovery) test plan of backup data restoration and storage replication availability.
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties
- Work closely with colleagues, developers, testers and users to ensure technical compatibility on infrastructure and application systems integration and user satisfaction.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in storage and backup administration in large or complex environment.
- Strong knowledge in Veritas Netbackup / Veeam / Dell Tape Library / Hitachi VSP, HUSVM, Brocade and Cisco SAN switches
- Knowledge in OS Windows / Linux / UNIX / Virtualization platform / SQL databases
- Experience in tapeless backup solution to Cloud will be an advantage.
- Competent in administration of Windows servers, Unix/Linux servers, VMware, Veeam and NetBackup.
If you are excited with this opportunity and enjoy making things happen, do apply now!
Email your updated resume to: speytu(at)scientecpersonnel.com by quoting "J39594" in your email subject for faster processing.
(Note: Any resumes of job applications sent to this mailbox will not be attended as it is solely for the purpose of personal data protection related matters.)
Elane Yap Theng Yu- R1989397
ScienTec Consulting Pte Ltd - 11C5781